Website Duke Energy
This field position is responsible for ensuring compliance with all NERC CIP compliance requirements for which the Transmission Department is the responsible entity. The position coordinates activities and ensured CIP compliance processes are followed supporting field technicians in process execution and evidence collection during construction and maintenance activities. Other C&M CIP activities may include apparent cause analysis, audit preparation, self-reports, mitigation plans, audit data request, and other NERC activities. The successful candidate will be expected to promote an understanding of compliance responsibilities for the Transmission field organization, facilitate education and training to achieve and sustain compliance success and enhance Transmission reliability. This position may also support Relay C&M physical security at Low and Medium impact locations. The candidate will also be expected to participate on working groups and task force activities to represent Duke Energy interests and acquire information on best practices that can be implemented in Transmission.
- Working knowledge of electric utility telecommunications
- Four years of working experience with NERC CIP standards, requirements, and evidence.
- Experience with audit skills, controls, cyber and physical security, and related industry regulatory issues
- Prior knowledge or experience in a Transmission Construction and/or Maintenance organization
- Understanding of basic principles of power system protection theory, practices, and application
- Demonstrated knowledge of operational technology associated with Substations and Control Centers both at device and system levels
- Working experience with relay, control systems and SCADA devices and interfacing software
- Four years of experience working with NERC CIP C&M operational processes
- Working knowledge of transmission stations & equipment, and associated safety policies, practices, and procedures
- Working knowledge of firmware and operating systems
Company: Duke Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A