Website Discovery Limited
The main purpose would be to assume responsibility as the SAP Development Manager and assist in the development and building of the SAP Core Banking Systems. This will involve being responsible for the overall detailed design of integrated solutions for Banking processes. Managing a team of specialist resources, specifically resourcing and scheduling in the SDLC processes. A particular focus for this role is the focus on the SAP Systems.
- Ensure the bank’s batch process and payment channels infrastructure operates effectively, in accordance with industry SLA’s
- Ensuring all systems are monitored and work streams are scheduled in line with business priorities.
- Working with the PMO, develop project time lines and identify project tasks and procedures.
- Continuously evaluate and make recommendations for improvements to processes and systems to increase systems availability and service.
- Ensure continuity of production applications, through code fixes as identified by production incidents.
- Provide escalation and detailed reports on daily/weekly issues.
- Ensuring Delivery of projects and SAP system upgrades.
- Establish and maintain best practice application support management process. Develop and maintain robust systems continuity/disaster recovery processes — anticipate and plan for different scenarios.
- Support peer teams with the analysis, evaluation, development, testing and implementation of Discovery Banks SAP banking applications.
- Strong positive energy & willingness to “roll your sleeves up and get things done” to support the growth of the business.
- Strong customer and quality focus, high motivated and working independent,
- Excellent analytical skills
- High ambition and focus on results and execution
- Proactive thinking, good sense of responsibility, flexibility, team player
- Strong communication & networking skills
- Open for new ideas and technologies, creative and willing to learn from others / other companies
Qualification & Experience:
- Proven track record of Application Delivery Management, incl. operations and methodology optimization
- 5 years SAP knowledge in several areas such as: Consulting Services, Program Management, Operations, Change Management, Product
- Management, Delivery Management, Audit Management
- Experiences in leading/supporting successfully programs of all sizes including change management
- BSc Computer Sciences/ Information Systems or equivalent IT tertiary qualification
- Proven track record leading global teams, stake holder management including C-Level executives.
- Experience in SAP Banking Services, SAP CRM, SAP FI, SAP FSCM, SAP Payment Engine, SAP XECM
- 3- 5 years working experience in SAP Core Banking Systems
- Experience in Agile transformation
Company: Discovery Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A