Website Dischem Pharmacies
Dis-Chem Pharmacies has an opportunity available for a New Product Developer at our head office in Midrand. The role will be required to deliver innovative and cost saving opportunities for products (private label). The role is also required to conduct continued research to develop and enhance existing products to maintain a viable and profitable product suite for the group.
- Assist in the establishment of long term product development vision and strategy.
- Forge positive working relationships with key external partners and stakeholders (suppliers, packagers and manufacturers).
- Deliver improvements to existing products/packaging, by optimisation of available material usage and cost saving initiatives.
- Negotiate with product providers around pricing structures and contractual terms
- Collaborate with marketing team to define marketing strategies and time-integrated plans for product introduction.
- Ensure legal compliance of product development in terms of product requirements, specifications, production timetables and pricing.
- Develop new products and services intended to assist the group in building relationships with under serviced markets.
- Monitor market trends and information to identify potential areas for the development of new products and the restructuring of existing products.
- Prepare and execute product launches and report on expectations of market size, market uptake, market share and expected budgeted sales.
- Quality Orientation
- Communication Skills
- Computer Skills – Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Time Management
- Analytical Skills
- Attention to detail
- Business Acumen
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in product development in a retail industry.
- BCom in Product Management/Development/Procurement or Bsc Consumer science
- Grade 12 – Matric or a Senior Certificate
Company: Dischem Pharmacies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Midrand, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A