Website Dischem Pharmacies
Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ in Distribution Centre in Midrand has an opportunity available for DC Pharmacist (Night Shift) to join the team. The main purpose of this role will be to assist in managing all Ethical Warehouse related activities undertaken and/or under consideration are compliant with accepted South African Pharmacy Council principles and conditions of any licenses and legislation as well as any corporate guidelines.
- Oversee the safe and effective storage of medicines.
- Ensure that an adequate pest control programme is in place on the premises and at the manufacturing facility, using acceptable food grade bait, and to ensure that precautions are taken to ensure that product contamination does not occur.
- Establish key performance indicators, monitor staff performance, and improve performance against set goals.
- Ensure that goods due to be rejected or reworked are handled in a procedurally correct manner.
- Handle a medicines recall data base according to correct procedure and guidelines of the MCC.
- Ensure that goods returned to the distributor is handled in a procedural correct manner, reason for returns determined and any further actions followed through and recorded.
- Train Distribution Centre / warehouse personnel in terms of GWP and GDP.
- Ensure that all applicable fees as determined by SAPC in respect of the company are paid to ensure the continued registration of the company as a pharmaceutical business.
- Keep up to date with all changes to legislation affecting the conduct of business and the necessary changes by amending the applicable standard operating procedure.
- Ensure that the pharmaceutical facility is conducted under the continuous supervision of a Pharmacist (legal requirement).
- Train new staff and ensure that they have the necessary tools and equipment required to perform their duties efficiently.
- Ensure the disposal or destruction of scheduled medicines is correctly performed under proper control so as not to be a health hazard.
- Direct, coordinate, assign, monitor and review the work of individuals engaged in the Distribution centre.
- Ensure that all employees are conversant with the system laid down for using and following the standard operating procedures.
- Deadline driven
- Attention to detail
- English – Read, write and speak well
- Computer Skills – Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and SAP
- Demonstrates an understanding of the necessary leadership principles, values, principles of behaviour and leads by example
- Trustworthy and Honest
- Up to date and in depth knowledge of the Good Pharmacy Practice content as set by the South African Pharmacy Council
- Knowledge of Distribution Centre, logistics and supply chain operations
Qualification & Experience:
- Grade 12 / Matric
- 5 Years’ experience in a similar role within a Distribution Centre
- Wholesale/Operational and management experience
- People and Project Management experience
- Transport Management or Supply-Chain / Logistics Degree or Diploma
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
- 3 Years’ experience in a similar role within a Distribution Centre
- B Pharm Degree (Registered with the South African Pharmacy Council)
Company: Dischem Pharmacies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Midrand, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A