Website Dischem Pharmacies
Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ Head Office in Midrand has an opportunity available for a Category Buyer (Imports) to join the procurement team. The main purpose of this role will be to manage suppliers, trading terms, market analysis, product selection/ buying, planning, stock management, driving turnover and profit.
- Analyse consumer buying patterns to predict future trends in order to choose most profitable product ranges.
- Manage plans to ensure optimal stock levels for the business at all times.
Negotiating prices and delivery contracts with suppliers.
- Develop and adhere to category plan that includes category sales, profit, market shares, second stock returns, ROCE.
- Develop a yearly category operating strategy and ensure it is in line with the Dis-Chem strategic category objective.
- Review supplier contracts and ensure they are valid, in line with industry standards and industry good practice.
- Ensure a detailed marketing plan is formulated and that it`s in line with the overall company strategy.
- Maintain relationships with existing suppliers while sourcing new suppliers for future products.
- Evaluate product quality by using customer feedback as a measuring tool.
- Compile reports on relevant products and their sales, quality and feedback.
- Report on category plans on a monthly basis.
- Implement strategies to improve profitability of the category.
- Identify and develop various Dis-Chem category pricing and promotion strategies to ensure customer needs are met while remaining competitive in the market.
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Analytical problem solving skills
- English – Read, write and speak well
- Knowledge and understanding of market trends and competitor analysis, supplier negotiations, trading terms, financial planning
- Ability to work under pressure
- Brand understanding
- Knowledge of Industry standards, relevant product laws and regulations, Retail and Buying
- Be able to achieve budget inventory levels
- Time management
- Good communication skills
- Deadline driven
- Need to have an understanding of the financial implications that goes with the tasks involved
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years Category Buying experience
- Computer skills – (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Grade 12 / Matric with Mathematics and Accounting
- Degree or Diploma in Finance/Retail Management or any similar qualification
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
- SAP BI, Qlikview experience
Company: Dischem Pharmacies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Midrand, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A