Website Dischem Pharmacies
Dis-Chem Pharmacies has an opportunity available for an experienced Sales /Assistant Store Manager for their Midrand/Johannesburg Region. You will assist the Store Manager with all operations of the store including managing staff and being responsible for store targets, maintaining inventory by checking the merchandise to determine inventory levels and preparing reports by collecting, analysing and summarising information.
- Manage and ensure all orders are done on a daily basis, no time, and maintain correct stock levels.
- Ensure all store objectives are achieved.
- Manage shrinkage.
- Prepare, coordinate and manage stock takes on a biannual basis, in conjunction with the Store Admin Manager and Store Manager.
- Manage day-to-day human resource administration including, but not limited to, leave, hours of work and scheduling.
- Manage the performance management process and ensure that personal development plans are adhered to.
- Manage stock-flow to the floor.
- Ensure promotional stock and displays are planned, implemented and maintained.
- Ensure all merchandisers adhere to Dis-Chem merchandising standards.
- Regulate customer compliments and complaints.
- Adhere to all labelling, pricing and layout standards, and ensure that merchandisers adhere to these standards.
- Ensure customer requests and complaints are addressed timeously.
- Effective interaction with suppliers, management, reps and staff
- Strong analytical skills and time management
- Basic IR and management training
- Trustworthy and honest
- Basic Accounting knowledge
- Strong command of the English language
- Basic financial skills – GP, mark-up, VAT, etc.
- Portrayal of leadership
- Store retail admin and management experience, relating to receiving, admin, capturing, till operations, cash office, stock control, sales floor and customer service
- Manage, develop and motivate subordinates
Qualification & Experience:
- Willing and able to work retail hours
- Computer literate – MS Office and retail operating systems
- Minimum of 5 years’ retail/FMCG experience in all retail departments: Receiving, Admin, Capturing, Till Operations, Cash Office, Sales Floor and Customer Service
- Minimum of 3 year’s management/supervisory experience
- Grade 12 / Matric
Company: Dischem Pharmacies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A