The Project Engineer/Control Account Manager (CAM) is a highly visible and critical role that leverages both technical engineering expertise and business project management competencies within the Test Engineering Business Unit. The Project Engineer/Control Account Manager is the main point of contact lead for management of one or more engineering Emerging or Legacy product/project(s) with responsibility for overall control of project scope, schedule and cost.
- Negotiates with Stakeholders, externals customers, and partners to establish Milestones/Deliverables.
- Creates and manages Project Management Plans (Scope, Time, Cost, Risk Management, Stakeholder, Quality, Communication, HR, etc.) for various Engineering Projects. Negotiates and commits project scope of work schedule.
- Leads Test Engineering technical project team to develop, manage and report on detailed project attributes including technical requirements, cost, schedule, resources, and risk mitigation for multiple projects and in support of associated baselines.
- Conducts Internal & External Project Reviews; Interfaces and provides overviews to NNSA, DoD customers, and management. Monitors and controls projects in partnership with Engineering Project Team
- Leads, Systems Engineering, and Program Management including coordination and facilitation of activities and resources.
- Tracks and evaluates key performance metrics across multiple projects. Verifies & Validates Production Assessments. Escalates and works to remove obstacles for project success
Qualification & Experience:
- Engineering work experience
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)
- MBA preferred
- Experience presenting to internal and external customers
- US Citizenship to obtain and maintain Department of Energy Q Level security clearance
- Minimum of 1 years of project management experience
- Earned Value Management (EVM) experience
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent from an accredited Engineering program (or BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an ABET-accredited institution)
- P6 (Prima Vera) experience or MS Project experience
- Experience managing multiple projects
- Strong Excel skills at the intermediate to advanced level
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions:Analyst Engineering, Project Management
Job Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Application Deadline: N/A