Website The Clorox Company
R&D Environmental, Health & Safety has an opening for a professional who will provide proactive safety support to the R&D community. Position includes safety as well as environmental compliance, which require active engagement with state and federal regulators. This person will perform hazard assessments as well as compile multiple reports for government agencies. Ideal candidate will engage with the R&D community to help keep safety top of mind and continue developing the strong safety culture already embedded within the organization. Responsibilities include implementing as well as sustaining safety and environmental management programs to ensure regulatory compliance, and protecting human health and the environment in the workplace. This position will support all R&D business units covering several locations, helping to roll out strategic safety/environmental programs to push through R&D projects through scale up manufacturing. Position will interface with GSHESS by transferring all pertinent information for employee safety as projects go from research and development to manufacturing. R&D EH&S has unique employee exposure and EPA requirements that require input into project teams to drive innovation safely.
- Ensure safety is built into handling & use during scale-up with Product, Process and Packaging Development & ultimately manufacturing locations (PSO plants and co-packers).
- Actively engage business teams to jointly build future innovation plans and new activities (test and learn environments, agile approaches etc.), embedding EH&S early into the process. Utilize new learnings from these activities to broadly apply, where applicable, to the rest of the R&D community and to drive high impact on R&D safety and compliance.
- Support Ignite innovation R&D goal to double sticky innovation by leveraging creative and practical solutions to help move innovation processes and products forward in a safe and effective manner. This includes developing and implementing safety procedures for novel R&D activities.
- Become familiar and provide ergonomic support to R&D community by actively collaborate with on-site Ergonomist. Provide input to HR and GSHESS when needed for ergonomic concerns and injuries. Overall goal is to prevent ergonomic injuries with a structured and proactive program that identifies possible issues and works actively to correct them.
- Review, update and maintain injury management data in multiple data systems for documentation as well as OSHA reporting. Provide incident investigation and mitigation recommendations to help prevent injuries in the future.
- Worker’s Compensation: Work with internal teams (i.e. HR) and external vendors (i.e. Occupational Health Clinic, Third Party Administrators TPAs) to provide support to employees during the Worker’s Compensation process. Provide documentation within regulatory deadlines, update internal data management systems and review open cases on a regular frequency with TPA.
- Provide training to the entire R&D community in a fun, informative and engaging manner. This training will include topics that meet compliance requirements as well as strengthen the R&D safety community, such as new hire orientation, behavior-based safety and chemical inventory management.
- Demonstrate leadership within R&D by following all safety rules, wearing the proper PPE and feeling empowered to stop work if a fellow employee is not acting safely or could be put in a dangerous situation without realizing (i.e. line of fire).
- Be willing to learn new work streams and train, as needed, to become an expert in a new and emerging R&D activity.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multi-functional groups and collaborate with internal team members and external regulators
- Engaging public speaker- ability to provide training to large groups of people
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products (Outlook, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to Travel ~10%
- Bachelor’s Degree in safety, industrial hygiene, chemistry or related discipline
- Certified Safety Professional a plus
- 4 years of experience in safety-related field, specifically in managing site regulatory compliance and safe operating procedures
- Experience using CISPro or other inventory system
- Able to adapt quickly to changes in work priorities
- Experience in managing contractors and dealing with the regulatory community
- A pleasant, customer-focused disposition
Company: The Clorox Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management Manufacturing
Job Location: Pleasanton, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A