Website The Clorox Company
This is a posting for a Packaging/Palletizer Operator. Individuals interested should have a strong working knowledge of Packaging Operations. Primary responsibilities include making decisions that are in the best interest of the overall plant in the short and long term utilizing WCO principles. The employee must demonstrate and sustain proficiency in areas of Safety, Quality, Environmental, Housekeeping, Production and Cost. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work overtime, vacation, and absenteeism issues to ensure the success of the team
- Communicate quality issues to the right resources and respond in a timely fashion
- Performs all required quality checks each shift
- Work closely with other departments (packaging, maintenance, shipping, planning, etc.) to ensure all issues impacting production are communicated and resolved promptly
- Ensure proper start-up and shutdown of production equipment (use of checklists)
- Performs specified periodic quality checks, understands quality requirements and is able the make equipment adjustment safely to meet those standards.
- Performs all required safety and housekeeping audits
- Understands and adheres to proper hold procedure during each hold event for bottle quality
- Perform regular in-line quality checks accurately
- Completes all routine mechanical troubleshooting on molding equipment, bottle handling and support equipment.
- Prepares production, downtime, quality reports and other associated paperwork as required.
- Provide break and lunch relief if required. Provide line coverage if required
- Handle proper equipment adjustments as needed by us for problem solving tools
- Complete major maintenance at the Group 5 level
- Forklift license required
- Demonstrates ability to organize work area to the 5S standard
- Possess knowledge and skills to work as a fully trained molding technician
- Must have the initiative and enterprise to tackle problems without supervision and develop creative solutions.
- Rotating with other teams members to perform all tasks within the department.
- Must be able to perform basic PM’s such as bearing and chain lubrication, inspection of components for wear, maintenance of pneumatic system components, etc.
- Possess strong communication, interpersonal, and organization skills
- Must have good interaction skills, work respectfully with a diverse group and build synergy
Company: The Clorox Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fairfield, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A