As an Eligibility Senior Representative – Accredo, you’ll be part of a dedicated team which assists our specialty pharmacy patients coordinate their medication needs and pharmacy insurance coverage for complex medical conditions such as HIV, rheumatoid arthritis and cancer, to name a few. This requires an advanced understanding of medical insurance benefits and is on the front lines with patients and doctors offices, responding to phone inquiries and addressing each with care, detail, and most importantly, empathy.
- You will handle multiple requests while accurately documenting information from your conversations in our computer system. By using discretion & independent judgement you will successfully handle complex customer concerns and escalations.
- You’ll research issues on benefits coverage with pharmacist and doctors’ office and provide guidance to our patients about medication coverage.
- Use your advanced knowledge of benefits verification, your problem-solving skills with the support from your team to resolve patient calls effectively. You’ll coordinate and ensure services provided will be reimbursable by talking to patients about their deductibles, co-payments, and authorizations.
- Intermediate PC knowledge including experience with Microsoft Office
- Excellent phone presentation and communication skills.
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve issues with innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to handle challenging customers in a professional, patient and empathetic manner.
- High School Diploma / GED required, a bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Health care experience with knowledge of medical insurance, terminology and Patient Access is preferred
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Customer Service Information Technology
Job Location: Indianapolis, IN, US
Application Deadline: N/A