The L&D Senior Analyst will work closely with the Training Team to continuously assess Cigna Medical Group’s learning needs, and design, develop, and deliver the needed training for front office, back office staff, and clinicians. The role will also work closely with Stakeholders from all groups of the organization to ensure alignment between training and business workflows. The role requires an agile professional with attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational skills are also essential.
- Updates trainer’s manuals, student packets, exercise booklets, handouts, login cards, presentations, Quick Start Guides, Tip Sheets, and other educational materials for responsible training courses.
- Develops and delivers refresher, optimization, and skills enhancement training.
- Manages the timely uploading of training materials to the CMG P&P site.
- Tests lesson plans and scenarios for training, and identity and update scenarios as needed. Help create new scenarios as needed.
- Maintains classroom resources: orders and maintains supplies, ensures forms and training materials are available and complete, and ensures work stations are functional.
- Manages maintenance of training equipment, supplies, materials, devices, and check out procedures in coordination with Device Manager.
- Assists centers with one on one training or follow-up on site training as requested.
- Conducts training courses both in classroom and virtual settings, specific to back office, clinician, and front office processes, and incorporates policy, process and procedure changes as identified.
- Assists in the creation of training action plans for new employees as applicable with manager input and support.
- Works with leadership to coordinate between policy changes and training needs.
- Collaborates to create the class schedules for all courses within the Medical Technology training team scope.
- Administers end-user proficiency assessments, document scores, and communicates to Training Manager and User and Security team.
- Collects feedback from trainees in class and communicating that information to the Training Manager.
- Incorporates new curriculum as requested. Identifies learning objectives and cost-effective delivery methods.
- Assists with creating and maintaining new curriculum/course and associated deliverables.
- Strong presentation skills and an ability to communicate in a clear manner, while building rapport and trust with the audience.
- Comfort facilitating training in a virtual environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate and explain sometimes difficult concepts with all organizational levels.
- Pro-active and self-motivated individual with a positive attitude and willingness to learn and take on the work needed to be completed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with attention to detail and understanding of the need for clear explanations and documentation.
- Epic Certified or Proficient as a Principal Trainer and/or Certified or Proficient at an application level preferred
- Formal training/teaching experience with an adult audience preferred.
- Experience in developing training materials.
- Knowledgeable of back office, clinician, and front office workflow and processes.
- Proficiency with Microsoft software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint) and
- Windows operating system environment.
- Bachelor degree or related experience desired.
- Occasional travel between health care facilities and administrative offices within the Phoenix metro area.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A