The CSP CM has knowledge of behavioral and medical diagnosis. They are versed in evidence based treatment practices. They partner with behavioral CMs, Coaches, Cigna Nurse Case Managers or other CHC staff providing care for Cigna customers who are referred to CSP. They need to have knowledge and experience working with those with the Serious and Persistent Mental Illness. Will have an understanding in accessing community resources to help customers with basic needs like food, housing, medication, transportation, etc.
- Work in a virtual and office based team environment which includes contributing to team meetings, participating in clinical rounds with Cigna Medical Directors and attending all required Cigna courses and trainings.
- Manage own caseload and coordinate all assigned cases.
- Assist customers with connecting to community resources identified to meet their needs.
- Perform additional tasks/projects as needed, requested or assigned.
- Access and complete needs assessment with customers who have complex medical and psychiatric conditions.
- Collaborate with Matrix Partners to obtain necessary information in order to provide the most appropriate resources.
- Engage with customers and families to understand needs, facilitate access to Cigna coaching/case management programs.
- Strong time management and organization skills with an ability to set priorities in a fast paced environment
- Ability to utilize and navigate multiple technology systems
- Knowledge of managed care preferred
- Position requires significant skill levels in both clinical judgment and interpersonal communication. Considerable diplomacy/tact is often required as customers and providers are not always receptive to the process.
- Clinical creativity is central to the process of developing alternative intervention strategies.
- Current unrestricted independent licensure in a behavioral health or medical field (RN, LCSW, LMFT, LPC, LPCC, or Licensed Psychologist)
- Knowledge and experience in accessing community resources in order to help customers with basic needs.
- 3 – 5 years post-license mental health experience preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service
- Effective conflict management and negotiation skills
- Ability to adapt to change and problem solve
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Eden Prairie, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A