The Cigna Medicare Vendor Management Specialist will be a specialized role to help liaise between affinity retail partners and Cigna Medicare Sales. In collaboration with the sales team and Cigna Medicare Strategy team, this person will support efforts of the Vendor Management Advisor as the day-to-day contacts and assist in implementation, service, and operational management for the affinity retail partners. The Vendor Management Specialist will help in retail partner implementations, ensuring partner needs are met, coordinating retail strategy with the sales team, and providing analysis on trends for future opportunities. The individual will work in partnership across multiple functional areas, providing specialized operational advice to the sales teams and helping improve the efficiency of sales operations in managing affinity retail partners.
The individual will support strategies aligned to Cigna Government Business focus areas: achieve customer growth goals, develop/deliver affordable solutions, build strong and diverse teams in an inclusion environment, and partner effectively across the enterprise to create value.
- Help to track and monitor implementation project plans by each affinity retail partner with priorities, milestones, and tasks to achieve sales objectives.
- Partner with multiple constituents, which includes enterprise operational teams (Marketing, Branding, Compliance, Sales Integrity, Enrollment, Operations Effectiveness, etc.), sales teams, and external partners to maximize partner satisfaction.
- Gather best demonstrated practices of implementation efforts from internal and external stakeholders to constantly improve and challenge status quo of processes.
- Keep sales leadership informed of status, trends, and potential opportunities through regular report-outs.
- Maintain requirements related to the implementation, ensuring internal and external stakeholders are aligned to meet all obligations according to deadlines set.
- Analyze processes and performance results to drive improvements for future implementations.
- Support in ad hoc process improvement projects as needed to champion Sales Operations across the segment (IFP, Med Supp, PDP, etc.) or enterprise (commercial, Dental, etc.)
- Raise concerns/issues to ensure they are properly addressed in a timely manner.
- Promote a customer-centric atmosphere that is open to and builds upon new ideas and solutions.
- Support the Vendor Management Advisor as day-to-day contacts for affinity retail partners, building relationships with partner contacts through identifying their needs and resolving issues in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Collaborate with Vendor Management Advisor, Cigna Medicare Broker Strategist and sales teams in implementing and executing the vision and strategy for affinity retail partners.
- Sustain affinity partnerships to help enhance Cigna’s reputation in the retail space.
- Track store locations with affinity retail partners to maximize coverage in Cigna Medicare service areas year-round, in collaboration with the sales team and Cigna Medicare Broker Strategist.
- Organize store assignments with the sales team for proper distribution across brokers and internal sales teams, ensuring data is maintained and reports compiled regularly.
- Support high quality account management and sales operations while managing growth within the retail space.
- May travel up to 5%.
- Strong computer skills required (Microsoft Office Suite products preferred)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills preferred with the ability to identify and resolve issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills preferred
- Adaptable, flexible, and able to manage through change in a fast-paced environment
- Goal oriented, resourceful, personally accountable and self-directed
- Ability to effectively collaborate across the organization
- Process-oriented with organization and planning skills among competing responsibilities and tasks
- Proactively seek opportunities for improvement
- Strong presentation skills and ability to speak to different audiences
- Bachelors required or minimum of 3 years work experience in the insurance industry, working with sales agencies
- Medicare experience preferred with an understanding of FDR and MCMG requirements
- Data analytics experience preferred
- Awareness of sales distribution channels, particularly event, field, and telesales
- Project management experience preferred
- Experience in account management and sales operations strategies preferred
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bloomfield, CT, US
Application Deadline: N/A