Website Chevron Corporation
Chevron is seeking experienced Process Engineers to work in the El Segundo Refinery Process Engineering Division. Chevron is committed to maintaining a high level of technical expertise in the downstream organization to maintain an industry leading position in safe, reliable and profitable operation of its refineries. This position is relied upon for technical expertise to support day-to-day operations, process optimization, process safety improvements and evaluations. This position will report to the technical organization. It is required that the individual have demonstrated expertise in Crude and Vacuum Distillation, Hydroprocessing/Hydrocracking, Relief Systems, FCC, Coking, or Reforming. Experience in other processes is beneficial (e.g. Alkylation, Hydrogen Manufacturing, and/or Amine/Sour Water).
- Conduct test runs to optimize process variables and evaluate plant performance.
- Provide process troubleshooting support, make technical recommendations, answer technical inquiries, improve process engineering tools, and develop process procedures.
- Networks with subject matter experts in other facilities to leverage shared expertise.
- Works in collaboration with specialists and engineers of other disciplines.
- Help identify gaps between current performance and best-in-class and recommend opportunities for improvement.
- Influence and improve work processes across the refinery.
- Provide technical recommendations and engineering support during planned unit turnarounds. This work may entail work at heights and confined space entry.
- Provide support to and carry out studies (RBI, DMI, Relief Systems, etc.) to improve plant safety, reliability, and economics.
- Provides requested technical advice and recommendations to project teams within the required time frames.
- Individual schedule may require flexibility to respond to refinery upsets during off hours
- Demonstrate role model behavior supporting the Chevron Way principles and values including support for diversity, leadership, teamwork, customer focus, and personal/process safety.
- Has technical curiosity. Interested in developing a strong process engineering foundation before moving on to leadership or other non-process engineering opportunities.
- An aptitude for good cross-functional communication, displaying technically competence, being proactive, and delivering results
- Prior experience supporting major turnarounds and/or capital project execution
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience in the chemical, petrochemical, refining, or power industries.
- An aptitude for practical application of the chemical engineering fundamentals of mass transfer/distillation, heat transfer, fluid dynamics, process control and kinetics
- A Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering from an accredited university
- A minimum of 3 years of process engineering experience – possibly through operation support engineering assignments or process design work for capital projects
- Proven ability to handle multiple activities simultaneously.
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience in the chemical, petrochemical, refining, or power industries.
Company: Chevron Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mobile, Al, US
Application Deadline: N/A