Website Chevron Corporation
This position reports to the HSE Surface Supervisor and serves as an advisor in all aspects of HSE supporting the SJV’s Surface Operations. This position will support field implementation and providing field level guidance in the development and execution of processes and training.
- Builds and fosters collaborative relationships with stakeholders across all functions and conducts routine engagements to align on safe work practices and ensures consistency in the business unit.
- Plays a critical role in providing hands on support across 6 geographically spread assets that during periods of increased activity or personnel absence.
- May coach and mentor other peer HSE individuals.
- Fluent with California OSHA / Chevron Managing Safe Work providing support to the Verification and Validation Protocol revision team
- Support for after hours, weekend and holiday coverage are required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health and Safety
- Knowledge and experience with interpreting California health & safety regulations
- Capable of translating OE process requirements into actions in the field.
- 5+ Years of direct work experience in the oil & gas industry
- Able to provide technical direction to a field safety team
- Must be knowledgeable in upstream oil and gas operations and be able to clearly communicate with regulatory agencies.
- Experience providing HSE SME to all functional Leadership levels and mentor HSE Specialists
- High School Diploma
- Ability to work effectively with all functions to ensure consistency with Operational Excellence objectives and goals through successful field execution.
- Experience implementing safe work practices / OSHA requirements.
- Effective in communicating SWP requirements internally and externally.
Company: Chevron Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gautier, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A