Website Chevron Corporation
This position reports directly to the Manager Aviation Maintenance. This position is in a leadership type role; however, all employees still report directly to the Manager Aviation Maintenance. The Lead Technician leads the maintenance team by assigning daily or weekly tasks to the aircraft crew chiefs when direction is needed for maintenance and inspections on the aircraft. Checks all AD’s weekly. Schedules aircraft cleaning services as required after each of the aircraft flights. Maintains the posted work and flight schedule. Must adhere to all AMM inspection criteria, aircraft safety, airworthiness directives, personnel safety and the use of proper PPE as required. Provides technical direction, assistance, and guidance in areas of expertise to all other maintenance personnel using thorough knowledge of maintenance procedures and ensuring all work meets FAA regulations and guidelines. Follows up with the Line Service Technician for ground support equipment care, tool control, hangar floor cleanliness and fuel farm facility maintenance and compliance.
- Assists the Manager-Aviation Maintenance with the planning of long term scheduled maintenance visits and any other assigned projects and tasks.
- Designated as chief inspector and approve work completed by other MX team members as required per the maintenance procedures manual as well as any 3rd party approved vendors who have performed work on any of the aircraft.
- Participate & comply with all corporate compliance training & attend OEM aviation technical training as required to maintain proficiency on the aircraft and all systems to include avionics.
- Participate as an Operational Excellence (OE) element advisor or subject matter expert when and where applicable
- Will communicate with the flight operations dispatchers daily or as required to ensure the aircraft availability for the projected flight schedules are not compromised.
- Responsible for review of all aircraft logbooks, aircraft flight logs, Computerized Maintenance Program (CMP) for accuracy and completeness after any maintenance has been performed ensuring the crew chiefs have completed all necessary paperwork via paper or electronic means while ensuring any aircraft release statements are in order.
- Computes and maintains weight and balance data for all aircraft. Ensures all aircraft ELT information is updated and current.
- Stay current with the FAA IA license through training. Comply with all assigned collateral duties as assigned by the Manager Aviation Maintenance, and assist others as required
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills, problem solving skills and the ability to integrate into a professional team environment.
- 15 plus years A&P license without violation
- Minimum 12 years overall large cabin Gulfstream experience to include minimum 3 years’ experience on the Gulfstream G650.
- Highly Proficient with MS windows 10, MS Excel for the work schedule, MS word, MS teams video conferencing
- 10 plus years’ experience with competency using Gulfstream CMP or similar CAMP program (recent)
- Valid driver’s license and US Passport
- Previous leadership or supervisor role with proven track record
- High school graduate
- Computer and iPad – Highly proficient with apple iOS
- Completed at least one Honeywell Planeview Avionics course (G650 preferred, G550 considered)
Company: Chevron Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Moss Point, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A