Website California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
Under direction of the Information Technology Supervisor II, the Information Technology Specialist I (ITS I) will independently perform functions within the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR), Division of Adult Institutions (DAI) at an Adult Institution, Parole office of Juvenile Justice facility. The ITS I will provide 1st and 2nd level desktop support which includes planning for, installing, relocating, modifying, troubleshooting, tracking inventory, surveying (surplus) old IT equipment, and supporting all data processing equipment in a service area. The incumbent may also prepare work plans, written reports, and presentations. Travel to institutions and after hours support of technical systems may be required due to operational need.
- Responds to complex customer information technology requests received via telephone, application work orders, and e-mail or escalated by 1st or 2nd level staff. Supports customers experiencing hardware, software, and network problems of moderate complexity. Monitors network devices using network monitoring tools to identify possible outages. Assists team in root cause analysis to implement or recommend implementation of solutions to customer reporting production problems. Makes recommendations regarding incident control/problem management process improvements based on analysis of current process and service delivery targets. Answers customer calls requesting new services and directs work orders to appropriate servicing unit for resolution. Verifies customer satisfaction and completion of service request then closes the tracking record. Communicate with EIS technical staff to escalate technical issues and work effectively with all levels of EIS staff including external service providers such as control agencies and other departments.
- Participate as a project team member and contributes to other program area meetings to assess customer needs and program requirements. Performs the duties with respect to IT concepts, embracing the use of IT best practices, methods, principles and prescribed standards. Specializes in local system administration/operation, as well as applying concepts relative to system, application and network components in designing, implementing and evaluating long term, complex information technology systems. Performs competently as a leader or as a team member in a multi-discipline team environment, as appropriate. Maintain State budgeting process, legislative and administrative procedures, procurement documents. Lead on licensing issues and the roles and responsibilities of oversight and regulatory agencies. Networking and interfacing effectively with external entities, technical personnel, and upper management.
- Develops, revises, and post desk procedures and manuals. Develops work plans and proposals. Provides status reports and workload data to management as requested. Prepares ad-hoc reports.
- Acts as a project lead, makes presentations, trains new employees, coordinates work assignments, and innovates new ideas for quality customer support. Leads the Audits of all systems for accuracy and approved usage of the computers.
- Participates in formal and informal training programs to strengthen analytical skills and enhance knowledge of software tools and packages which would prove beneficial to end-users.
Company: California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A