The Sous Chef will manage and lead the team to ensure smooth running culinary operation and maximize the level of standard in the hotel’s kitchen.
- Work on offsite events when requested.
- Learn and adapt to changes.
- Plan, prepare and implement high quality food and beverage products, and set-ups in all areas in the restaurant.
- Use appropriately all equipment, tools and machines.
- Work on new dishes for food tastings and photo taking.
- Complete tasks and jobs outside of the kitchen area.
- Be receptive to constructive feedback.
- Assist in inventory taking.
- Focus on constant improvement of training manuals and SOPs.
- Participate actively in quality initiatives such as daily Chef briefings and monthly team meetings in order to constantly improve the culinary operation, meet targets and keep communication flowing.
- Effectively respond to guests’ requests.
- Maintain all HACCP aspects within the hotel operation.
- Work closely with the Stewarding department to ensure high levels of cleanliness and low levels of lost and breakages.
- Knowledgeable of hotel’s occupancy, events, forecasts and achievements.
- Prepare menus as requested, in a timely fashion.
- Control stations within the kitchen.
- Work seamlessly with recipes, standards and plating guides.
- Work well in stress situations, remain calm under pressure and able to solve problems.
- Able to convert recipes and follow them through.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Possess a variety of boiling, frying, stewing, reduction, simmering, steaming, baking, boiling, barbeque and dressing techniques (for Main Kitchen).
- A hands-on trainer who coaches and leads by example, motivates and impresses upon the team the right attitude and spirit of culinary excellence.
- Able to work with and consume all products and ingredients.
- Able to set priorities and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- A dynamic and creative individual who brings a vast and varied experience in culinary arts, menu design and food promotions.
- Knowledgeable with cooking techniques such as boiling, frying, stewing, reduction, simmering, steaming, baking, soup making, and dry goods preparation (for Asian Kitchen).
- 5 years as cook in an Asian Kitchen in a 5-star category hotel or individual restaurant with high standards.
- Knowledgeable in HACCP.
Qualification & Experience:
- Technical education in hospitality or culinary school preferred.
- Possess a valid health certificate.
- High School graduate or above.
- At least 3 years as a Chef de Partie or 1 year equivalent position in an international brand hotel.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Application Deadline: N/A