A Director of Operations oversees and directs all aspects of the hotel operational departments which includes, Front Desk Service, Food & Beverage / Kitchen, Housekeeping, Engineering, Security, Fitness Centre and other relevant operating departments. This role ensures that these departments are well run by focusing on maximizing revenues and profits, minimizing operating costs, implementing and following up on service standards and team members’ trainings. He / she ensures the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Actively participate in the key management issues in the property (Capital projects, refurbishment, training, customer service).
- Make or approve appropriate annual / quarterly / monthly budgets, targets and work plans for each direct report
- Make a detailed and reasonable cost control plan to control operating costs of each department to maximize operating profit without compromising Hilton standards, safety procedures and guest experience.
- Ensure that duty rosters are based on the needs of the hotel and are compliant with labor laws.
- Supervise and head all hotel activities, such as celebrations, decorations, communication and coordination with conference organizers, etc.
- Manage all direct reports professionally, encouraging good teamwork and operations.
- In-charge of Front Office, Housekeeping, Security, Engineering, Food and Beverage, Kitchen and Recreation as well as Food Safety.
- Conduct routine inspections of all areas of the hotel to ensure that the hotel’s hardware and software are in optimum condition.
- Conduct regular Operations meetings including all direct reports.
- Analyze costs on a monthly basis and prepare action plans for cost per occupied room, food cost, beverage costs, payroll including overtime and other expenses such as for out-sourced labor or services.
- Work with the DBD and F&B Managers to ensure that all aspects of F&B is operating cost effectively (menu presentations / menu / pricing / promotions and ongoing activities).
- Train and implement Hilton standards and related departmental regulations.
- Supervise team members’ performance and grooming daily.
- Evaluate competitors’ products and price policies twice a year.
- Assist the DBD in establishing (with C&C Sales) an efficient and competitive C&C strategy and pricing.
- Ensure that hotel and direct reports achieve all key targets including but not limited to revenue, profit, SALT, QA, turnover, etc.
- Support the overall strategic management of the hotel by establishing effective working relationships with senior colleagues, in particular, the GM, DBD, FC & HRD.
- College degree or equivalent.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, all the time.
- Resourceful, creative and able to maintain flexibility.
- Leadership: Strive to be leader in our industry and in our communities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Now: Operate with a sense of urgency and discipline.
- Proficient in English and Chinese to meet business needs.
- Ownership: Take ownership of your actions and decisions.
- Teamwork: A team player in everything you do.
Qualification & Experience:
- At least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Hospitality: Passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Experience in F&B and Rooms Management preferred.
- Experienced in the Hospitality, Travel or Leisure industry management.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, IN
Application Deadline: N/A