Website Bell Equipment
The vacancy is for a Product Designer within our Engineering Design Team. The team’s core function is to take ownership for the support and strategic development of several vehicle functional systems: Vehicle suspension, Wheelsets, Hydraulics and Pneumatics, Cylinders and Greasing. The role focuses primarily on the full lifecycle development and implementation of new design solutions to ensure that the BELL product remains at the cutting edge of technology and competitiveness.
- Complete projects within the agreed timelines and adhering to overall project schedules.
- Undertake and manage laboratory and field testing of new concepts to evaluate the performance.
- Take ownership and provide technical support and trouble shooting for areas of responsibility.
- Apply Engineering Design Process to generate, evaluate and implement design concepts.
- Generate 3D parametric models and 2D manufacturing and assembly drawings.
- Proficiency with MSC ADAMS, Matlab, Finite Element Analyses.
- Good technical analysis skills and ability to calculate, interpret and apply engineering principles to achieve a practical and cost effective design solution. A logic and methodical approach is required.
- A self starter with passion and drive to make a difference.
- Proficient in Mechanical Desktop, Pro Engineer/ CREO (preferred) or other 3D parametric modelling software. Proficient with Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Good communication skills and the ability to interact successfully in a team environment.
Qualification & Experience:
Company: Bell Equipment
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Richards Bay, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A