Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) is a fast-growing business within AWS that provides customers with cost-effective and easy-to-use cloud computing resources to businesses of all sizes around the world. With AWS, you can requisition compute power, storage, databases, and many other services, paying as you go for only the resources you need.
- As a Technical Program Manager in the EC2 Core Platform organization
- You will be responsible for collecting business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, diving deep into EC2 architecture, operations, collaborating with architects and engineering leadership, and driving the teams to deliver results.
- You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to- market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
- The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, leading cross-functional projects from design to launch, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies.
- You will be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or multiple priorities.
- You will be able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but also be willing to roll up your sleeves and get the job done.
- In your role as TPM, you will design, anticipate technical and scheduling bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected.
- Maturity, sound judgment, strong negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent, and leadership are essential to success in this role.
- 3+ years’ experience as a TPM delivering large, cross-functional projects
- 5+ years’ experience in system software development and delivery
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent industry experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A