Amazon’s IT Services Support is the first point of contact for technical support service requests. Our IT Support Technician spends their day fielding incoming support chats, calls and online requests on behalf of Amazon Corporate and its subsidiary employees worldwide.
- Creates and submits detailed call logs documenting customer interactions that are accurate, thorough, and timely.
- Informs customer of needed repairs and answers basic questions. Ensures that customer understands and is satisfied with work completed.
- Diagnose and troubleshoots end user computing problems including analyzing the problem, identification of appropriate resources, testing of proposed fixes and follow-up to ensure the problem has been resolved.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant support policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to users.
- Assists with activities to triage and escalate any system or network outage to reduce downtime.
- Research, resolve, and respond to inquiries received via web chat, telephone calls, email, ticketing system, all in a timely manner, in accordance with team standards.
- Provides comprehensive technical support to Amazon Corporate employees worldwide.
- Follow all standard operating procedures (SOP) through the effective use of Knowledge management.
- Strong troubleshooting skills of very complex systems
- Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or IT related field.
- Microsoft MCSE, MCITP Systems Administrator (Active Directory)
- Advanced Linux systems administration skills
- ITIL Foundation Certification
Qualification & Experience:
- 1+ years of experience in help-desk or desk-side support environment
- Strong verbal and written skills proven ability to communicate with technical and non-technical staff
- Must have knowledge in Microsoft Windows 10 and additionally one or more of the following: Mac OS X, Linux.
- Display a commitment to quality and strong multi-tasking skills
- Willingness to work flexible shifts and scheduling, weekends, and holidays
- Adherence to shift schedules and timeliness are key requirements
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Associate in Computer Science or related field or experience equivalent.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A