In addition to working on an impactful project, you will have the opportunity to engage with Amazonians for both personal and professional development, expand your network, and participate in fun activities with other interns throughout internship. No matter the location of your internship, we give you the tools to own your project and learn in a real world setting. Many of our technologies overlap—you would be hard pressed to find a team that is not using Amazon Web Services (AWS), touching the catalogue, or iterating services to better personalize for customers.
- Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry.
- Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to innovative technologies at incredible scale and speed.
- Ability to design and code the right solutions starting with broadly defined problems.
- Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to conceive, design, and bring to market innovative products and services.
- Work in an agile environment to deliver high quality software.
- Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use.
- Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals such as object-oriented design, algorithm design, data structures, problem solving and complexity analysis
- Previous technical internship(s) if applicable
- Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as ability to think abstractly
- Although no specific programming language is required – you should be familiar with the syntax of languages such as Java, C/C++ or Python
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in optimization mathematics such as linear programming and nonlinear optimization
- Experience with distributed, multi-tiered systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields at time of application
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A