This role is post sales focused providing support for all major installations of new equipment and expansion projects across the business unit as well as the generation and publishing of the requires reporting deliverables.
- The role will include some presales focused work where additional deliverable will be required.
- This role is owning supporting the ongoing NetApp & EMC operations and support task for customers. This requires potentially availability 24 x 7, aligned with the standby plan.
- Critical support to the Telkom account as primary engineer specifically included within this role.
- Critical support to the EMC side of the business
- The role includes the mandatory mentoring of the team members into new technologies and customer architecture design and support. This is not limited to a specific product set. Mentoring is a key requirement and will be measured. EMC hand over is required.
- The role is responsible for logging cases with vendors and driving support case to conclusion with the OEM and the customer, including on site installation and troubleshooting where applicable.
- The role requires achieving certain key vendor certifications as required to meet the needs of the Netapp OEM partners status. Stephen is aware of the progress required and assigned – specifically the NetApp NS0-592 exam.
- This has been defined as part of the OEM partner plan and the detailed requirements identified to the consultant.
- It is the responsibility of the consultant to ensure that deadlines are met as discussed and agreed within the formulation of this plan.
- Certification requirements may change from time to time, and these will be discussed with the consultant beforehand.
- The role requires up to date knowledge of the OEM products and solutions.
- This will require focused continuous training and up-skilling that needs to be considered as part of business-as-usual daily responsibilities.
- The role will include work to be delivered in lines with the various tasks that are assigned by the management team in the business, in line with the business deadlines assigned.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A