Website Alaska Airlines
The Line Avionics Technician is responsible for repair and maintenance of aircraft electrical and electronic equipment for the Maintenance & Engineering (M&E) division of Alaska Airlines (AS). As a member of the M&E division, this individual contributor role performs all functions in the repair and maintenance of aircraft. This is a union represented position.
- Exercise the authority of an Airframe & Powerplant (A&P)/ FCC in signing the Aircraft
- Maintenance Log for Airworthiness Release or Return to Service of an aircraft or aircraft component, ensuring such is in accordance with ASA policies and procedures.
- Ensure that a clean, safe, and orderly work area is maintained at all times.
- Adhere to all internal Alaska Airlines policies and procedures and governing workplace rules of conduct to ensure no direct threat to the health and safety of others, including adherence to all security process, procedures and related requirements.
- Perform all work in a prompt timely manner, adhering to all attendance reliability policies and procedures.
- Repair and perform maintenance of aircraft electrical and electronic equipment.
- Inspect, test, adjust and repair aircraft communication, navigation and flight control systems.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve technical issues.
- Knowledge of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations and company procedures.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 4 or more years of avionics technician experience.
- Experience using schematics and wiring diagrams.
- 2 or more years of experience on commercial heavy jet aircraft.
- Strong knowledge of aircraft systems.
Company: Alaska Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fairbanks, AK, US
Application Deadline: N/A