Website Absa Group
To Support the credit risk process through carrying out comprehensive and quality credit risk functions within the credit lifecycle to create shared growth within the boundaries of internal policies and external regulations
- Ensure that the credit assessment includes a risk, financial and credit worthiness assessment and feedback to the business unit in terms of the quality of information received for the assessment of the application.
- Demonstrate good understanding of the following products, cheque accounts, commercial and business based finance, term loan, revolving loans, business credit cards, fleet cards, assets based finance, etc to guide decision making during credit assessments.
- Adhere and perform credit assessment within laid down processes, turnaround times, cognisant of risks and providing clear reasons for credit decisions.
- Assess, within set timelines, excess reports received from business units within own mandate to mitigate the risks and motivate / recommend above own mandate to higher mandate level.
- Assist other credit officers and business bankers with the structuring and solution of credit applications
- Conduct quality credit assessments with regards to new facilities, increases to existing facilities, reviews for existing facilities or bridging facilities, etc. in order to address the financial needs of the clients whilst ensuring that the outcome is aligned to the bank’s risk appetite.
- Provide assessment and recommendation to the team leader on credit applications and excess reports received from business unit in excess of personal mandate based on Absa Credit Risk Model, credit policies and procedures with Service Level Agreements.
- Credit assessment within a regional credit team structure with a bias towards higher volumes and lower value in terms of typical credit applications.
- Maintain an awareness of new developments in markets and industry trends via training, internal correspondence and media to enhance own efficiency and ensure high quality credit solutions to business units.
- Play an active role in personal coaching plans.
- Demonstrate the willingness and ability to perform and ensure personal alignment to Absa’s values.
- Ensure own development through formal performance development plans and informal coaching to enhance own proficiency.
- Contribute to an environment of mutual support by sharing knowledge with other team members and business units to improve their productivity and ensure compliance to credit policies, processes and procedures.
- Attend meetings and contribute by means of suggestions for ways of improving customer service, credit processes, practices, etc.
- Provide constructive solutions to work related problems and contribute to fostering sound team dynamics.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Company: Absa Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A